Friday 23 May 2014

If you can’t use your job, how would you answer “what do you do?”

Short answer... whatever I want. Life is pretty sweet these days.  I am trouble free, commitment free, worry free.

Of course, we all worry sometimes.  It would be weird not to. But there are no significant problems in my world and I am pretty much free to please myself most of the time. Work is challenging and fairly exhausting, but generally fun. I don't bring it home with me. I have no money worries. My family and friends are all stable, consistent, healthy and reasonably content. I have all the things I need.

Generally, @superlative and I spend most of our time doing whatever we please. Life, beyond our respective jobs (which, if I’m honest, are only a minor part of our days and don’t encroach on our home life or time too much) is serene, pleasant and enjoyable.

We paddle through a gentle cycle of cocktails, DVDs, TV shows, eating out, drinks, dancing, beach, shopping, lather, rinse, repeat, without much interruption.  We please ourselves most of the time.

I certainly feel like I have all the things I need around me – we just have fun really, and do what we want.



Perhaps I’m just easy to please. I can’t imagine I am, but maybe it’s true.

Club Tropicana - drinks are free...

No comments:

Post a Comment