Tuesday 21 May 2013

Day 21: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives (#BEDM)

Easyjournal is dead. Long live Easyjournal.

The nuisance being that I cannot link to my ancient blog posts, circa 2002. And it seems a bit indulgent to link to posts that I wrote last week.

But fear not, gentle reader- Easyjournal survived in the form of a creaking old Word97 document. Biding its time. Gathering its strength. Waiting for the world to forget it. Waiting for a time when it could rise once more, and again have a foothold in the world of the living. Waiting for...

...Today.

And thanks to the modern miracle of copy-pasting, here are some excerpts that have survived the passage of time, and transfer between multiple laptops.


2nd October 2002
Well, today I was hypnotised.

How odd...it was in a 'Consciousness and Mental Representations' class, and was actually *amazing* fun.

I didn't honestly think it would work, but I was still a little apprehensive.

I know you have to throw yourself into it, and really concentrate...you have to LET them hypnotize you, and just go with it, so I tried.

And blow me, it worked! It actually makes you do these things without your conscious effort, and you're not really aware you're doing it. You can stop anytime you like, as soon as you think too much about it, and stop focusing, but you really do all these little things, not against your will, per se, but against your conscious volition.

Its a totally weird sensation, and i advise anyone to try it...it was very cool.... 


14th December 2002
Saw Vile Richard in Argos. Ok, so I didn’t get my wish. He is still, apparently, alive, which is a terrible pity, but at least he’s even balder now. Which I found fortifying.

PS - Stupid Bald Richard.



24th December 2002
It was the night before Christmas… …and all through the house, Nothing was stirring, not even my mother, obsessively cleaning.


27th December 2002

We watched my Spider-Man DVD, which was excellent, and though nanny struggled to understand the plot designed for 5 - 6 year olds, she seemed to understand the basic sentiments. It was just the point at which, when Willem Defoe removes his mask revealing Norman to be The Green Goblin, when she exclaimed… ‘I thought it would be him’
 For those of you not in the know…this was not what you might call a closely guarded secret throughout the film.  More one of those…explicitly stated facts.





11th March 2002
There’s a reason he’s never had a boyfriend.  It's 'cos he’s a total prick.


5th May 2003

You know what?  I hate being a fucking student.
 I just want to say SCREW IT, and go to the beach and eat doughnuts, and let myself go. And balloon. Then I can fit in on the big, podgy Brighton scene.



20th July 2003
Our estate agent is super-doopa cute.  Well one of them.  We kept popping in to ask infantile questions, and he was always pleased to see us, and OH SO SWEET. 
It reminds me of that tragic summer when mummy was away, when I kept ordering take-aways because of the cute delivery boy. But I was about 14 then.   
I really should know better now.
 
22nd August 2003
Oh yes, and an old man sucked my nipple after applying a powerful mind confusion technique.


15th September 2003
Today was fun.  I went to the toilet in my break, only to discover that I was wearing speedos. 
I must have picked them up and put them on in my confused, early morning state.


So there you have it. An insight into my life and my mental state in my early twenties. Quite fun re-reading actually. These extracts kind of neatly sum up exactly what I was doing during this transitional time: Uni, family fussing, getting cross about sex and gayness in Brighton, renting my first flat, starting my first job. Quite a lot of changes really.

It all seemed so challenging at the time.

God, I was such a child.








No comments:

Post a Comment